Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Air compressor fittings and hose

Joe wrote:
8) Buy some air tool oil and use it. If you can't find any, automotive
ATF fluid works just fine.

I've been using Marvel Mystery oil. How would you compare that to the above?

10) If your hose is too short, don't add more hose. Get an extension
cord and move the compressor.

Make sure you use a heavy duty cord if you do that. Too small of a cord can fry
the motor. I do fine with a large home-built powered reel with 150 feet of hose,
and an occasional additional 50 feet (all 3/8"). But my compressor is a heavy 2
stage, and not movable and probably supplies significantly more pressure than
the OP's.