Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Rumbling noise when Maytag electric dryer starts

On Mar 8, 11:05*am, trader-of-some-jacks
wrote:
My dryer is a 1989 Maytag model, electric, no bells and whistles.

Last year, I had the rollers and the drum itself replaced because of
an ongoing squealing noise the thing was making.

Now, for about a week or so, when it starts, it makes an odd rumbling
noise for a second.

The noise sounds like there are a few childrens wooden blocks in it.
Kind of a clattering noise more than a rumble.

The noise is over in less than a second, then the dryer works fine and
runs quietly through its cycle.

But it ALWAYS makes this noise on startup, whether empty or full, and
even if I'm putting pressure on any of its panels.

Ideas?

Might be the motor rumbling on its mounts due to a stretched or too
long belt.

Joe