Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default Dial Bore Gauge

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message

wrote in message
I've had a Fowler 0.0001" 2" to 6" "Extender" digital bore gauge for
several years, but really have not gotten much use from it as I only
have a half dozen or so ring standards to set it. I really need a
setting gauge or a lot more gauge rings, which would take up a lot of
space. Fowler has a setter jig, but it's about $2500. I see used
Sunnen gauge setters for sale on ebay from time to time in the $500
range, but I'm not sure they will work with the Fowler....anyone know
if this will work?

Don't know if they will work or not. Just use an OD mic to set. Or a set
of gage blocks, if you have the type that will connect with a screw and
has end pieces.

Harbor freight has a mike holder for about 10 bucks that will hold the mike
for you as you set up the dial bore gauge.

John