Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Small engine diagnostic help - Yamaha generator

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 21:15:01 -0500, "Don Young"
wrote:

I learned that regardless of cleaning or appearance, a new spark plug will
sometimes clear up mysterious engine troubles, including failure to
accelerate or develop adequate power. Your symptoms are classic for fuel
starvation, but even things like stale fuel, weak ignition, or restricted
exhaust can have very similar symptoms.

Then a fresh plug is on the list for the next time I go to town. I did
get a noticeable improvement after cleaning the carbon out of the
spark arrester.

--
Ned Simmons