Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Small engine diagnostic help - Yamaha generator

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 18:00:39 -0700, "Mal Boswick"
wrote:

With the obvious safety precautions, try emptying the gas tank, cleaning
or replacing the filter/strainer and using fresh gasoline. It could be
the fuel is flowing insufficiently from the tank and starving the pump
and the floatbowl under high loads.

There's a strainer in the tank neck; as far as I can tell there's no
filter in the tank or between the tank and carb. The pump seems to
push plenty of fuel -- it only took a few pulls to refill the carb
after draining the bowl. I did wonder if there's any problem that
would cause the pump, which is apparently powered by crankcase
pressure, to lose flow at higher engine speeds.

--
Ned Simmons