Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Chuck question

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:00:40 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hello Ted,

I believe you will find the Teknatool Supernova 2 to be about the best
buy for the money. I own two of them, as well as many other Nova
Chucks, and find them excellent. The Supernova 2 Chuck will serve you
well on your current lathe and also when you grow to a larger lathe.
You may just have to purchase another insert.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net

Hey Fred.. question/opinion for you..

I like my Oneway Talons but now that I have the 16" Nova, I'm considering a "5
inch" chuck..
My instinct says to go with the Oneway Stronghold, but I've heard good things
about Nova and also seen some interesting ads for the Vicmark 120..

I'm turning larger, more off balance stuff now and think it might be time for a
larger chuck, but I'm really not sure..

Any suggestions?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing