Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Baldor Grinder Water Pot Residue

Yep, and those two materials make up a drain cleaner product, Wes. Nasty
stuff, and dangerous in the hands of the average doofus.

I heard of an incident from my cousin where his landlord lit a match to look
down the sink drain to see what was happening after putting drain cleaner in
it.
The fumes ignited, but he was lucky, and didn't cause serious eye injuries.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Wes" wrote in message
"Wild_Bill" wrote:

Some soaps, ammonia, lime and possibly some other products like lye. I
recall seeing cautions on some household products stating; not for use on
aluminum, or do not use on aluminum.

Toilet cleaner (lye) and aluminum foil in a sealed pop bottle makes for a
bang. Hard on
eyes and lawn.

Wes