Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default unknown IC on Westinghouse LCD power supply board

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 07:39:59 -0500, Rick put finger
to keyboard and composed:

Unlikely the MOFSET's are damaged since the capacitors - and the fuse -
on the power supply board blew? Any thoughts? (Damned cheap electrolytic
capacitors...)

Rick

Since the fuse blew, and assuming it wasn't just "tired", I'd be
looking for shorted components. That's how MOSFETs usually fail, IME.

Having said that, I've seen many posts where replacing capacitors and
picofuses was all that was required.

- Franc Zabkar