Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Free design engineering book

"Wes" wrote in message
"RogerN" wrote:

I would love to find a more challenging job with competitive wages and
benefits. To sum it up, I'm capable of automated equipment design,
building, and programming but instead of my employer utilizing these
skills,
they have me changing light bulbs and repairing hoists, but they also want
me to repair automated machinery when it's down.

I work where we have engineers with the ink barely dry on their diplomas
and a mindset
that engineers do these things and techs do those and the twain shall not
meet.

I keep telling my boss, "I live for interesting breakdowns". My way of
telling him I'm
bored. I miss the old job, gone in bankruptcy during the last economic
downturn, they let
me do things based on previous successes.

Hobbies help, you can use your creativity on your time.

Wes

so, why not get the degree?