Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default unknown IC on Westinghouse LCD power supply board

Franc Zabkar wrote:

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 13:42:54 +1100, Franc Zabkar
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 20:24:17 -0500, Rick put finger
to keyboard and composed:

The IC's are a standard 8 pin DIP
package, 3 of them marked P605 (over) BD6L2P, 1 marked P605 (over)
BD6L2B The trademark on the IC's is a script letter "A" - obviously not
AMD.

The logo belongs to Alpha & Omega Semiconductor, Inc.

The part number is AOP605. It is an N-Channel Complementary
Enhancement Mode Field Effect Transistor, 30V, 7.5A.

Sorry, it's a dual N-channel and P-channel MOSFET.

Available from Digikey for $0.87:
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/150...ip-aop605.html

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks Frank! I was at Digikey - how did I miss that?

It looks like a fairly robust part and I'd expect to see a certain
amount of thermal discoloration around those IC's on the circuit board.
The owner swears the damage occurred during a single power on attempt -
says she got nothing at all when she turned the monitor on after it had
been powered off for about a week. No smoke, didn't hear anything.

Unlikely the MOFSET's are damaged since the capacitors - and the fuse -
on the power supply board blew? Any thoughts? (Damned cheap electrolytic
capacitors...)

Rick