Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Shipping a mill

David R.Birch wrote:
I want to ship an Enco Bridgeport clone from Wisconsin to northern
California. The best quote for shipping I've gotten so far is over $800,
which would probably kill the deal. Is this high or about what I should
expect?

This is the current version of the mill, mine has the X axis feed and an
older DRO.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=521&PMCTLG=00

David

I had a 3500 Lb lathe shipped 1000 miles in 2001,
and the charge was about $600.
That was arranged by the machinery dealer, I
suspect I'd have never gotten a deal like that myself.
Your mill presumably weighs a little less,
distance is greater, prices have gone up.
So, I think this is a good deal. Make SURE it is
totally insured, or you may end up with a pile of
broken castings.

Jon