Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Vinyl flooring against ceramic tile wall in bathroom -- what about the gap?

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in
:

On 03/06/09 09:31 pm Red Green wrote:

What to do about the small gap (which the flooring instructions say
must be left) where the flooring meets a ceramic-tiled wall. I'd
rather not install molding to cover the gap; how about using a
mildew-resistant caulking compound that remains flexible?

small gap (which the flooring instructions say must
be left)

What kind of flooring? Usually it's laminate flooring that says that.
Don't tell me you put laminate in a bathroom?

Vinyl tiles (as stated in the subject line). BUT now I see conflicting
instructions: the requirement to leave a gap came not from the tile
packaging itself but from two different DIY books -- and one says to
leave a 1/8" gap, while the other says to leave a 1/4" gap.

The tile packaging says nothing about leaving a gap at all -- even
though there is a gap between the underlayment and the walls all
around.

Perce

...(as stated in the subject line)

Ooops. Got me on that one.