IMM

Default Potterton Netaheat flame goes out...

"Dave Ramage" wrote in message
om...
Hello...hopefully someone may be able to diagnose this boiler problem:

I have a Potterton Netaheat 16/22- probably about 15 years old. Its
been running fine for hot water over the summer, and for the last 2
weeks of central heating as well, but a few days ago it developed this
problem:
-Turn heating and/or hot water on at the timer
-Valves (S-type layout?- 2* 2-way valves) and pump appear to work OK
-Pilot, then main flame lights and everything runs OK for 2-5 minutes
-Flame goes out and there is a continuous loud clicking sound coming
from the boiler. The pilot re-lights after the first click, but fades
and eventualy goes out as the clicking continues. The main flame never
comes back.
-The clicking carries on until I switch off the heating or water timer
control (after about 30 seconds as I don't want anything to blow up!)
-Waiting a few minutes and then switching the heating or water on
again results in a repeat of the same process.

Is this likely to be a repair I could do myself, or should I just get
a new boiler?

One version of the neataheat had a plug in relay. It sounds as if this has
failed. have a look it is quite large. Check it out. Some time you can
see it arcing. If it has failed go to Maplin and buy one the same. The
makers charge more for a standard common relay you can buy anywhere..

---