Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] lesswar@gmail.com is offline

Default Repair HunterFan digital thermostat?

Thanks for all the replies.

There is no anticipator. It's a digital. No pots. No adjustments.
There is a coil; a crystal; a relay; a box - not an IC- from what I
can tell.
Switches that (1) indicate gas or electric; (2) enable or disable
(fuzzy logic) temperature
swing compensation just before start of the next program. { its
purpose to raise comfort level
to meet the new setting on next program before the new program starts}
And a span range is handled by keypad entry.

Anyway it's not about whether or not the t-stat meets the set
programming cycles.

The thermostat is not reading room temperature correctly.
I have 5 thermostats nailed to the wall now.
Two old style HW round mercury with anticipators, and
three digital style.
And this one is off by the greatest degree.

At room temp. 70 it reads 72. The others read 70 -71.
At 72 , the Hunter44360 reads 75.
At 74 it reads 78. And so on.

There isn't much on the circuit board other than what I described and
a few caps. I originally thought that the thermistor sensing varying
temperatures
would produce varying resistance and somehow translate that into the
room temp display.

So if it's not the thermistor, what handles the reading of room temp?