Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael B Michael B is offline

Default Our long national nightmare is over...

Ya know, all this stuff is going to be an asset to at least a portion
of the electronics industry. Think of the new need for different
calculators this has created. Their screen needs to have enough
digits presented to be able to deal with billions instead of mere
millions. But those won't be having much of a market in the Capitol
area.
It is interesting, though, that the "first class" mail distinction
was
made. After all, can't do it as "standard mail" because it could take
"several weeks" to get to its destinations. Maybe it would have been
better to have all those 'po folks' give their email addresses, and
the
coupon could have been printed at their home.
Acknowledging that there are indeed some that don't have satellite
service or cable, and no email either. But it would be almost a
dollar
saved in postage for every two that could be sent the coupon in email
fashion.
Ahh, but the USPS needs some of that money to help encourage its
own dysfunctions. But to give it credit, it's not been my impression
that "standard mail" should be expected to take "several weeks". Am
I wrong on that?

On Mar 6, 9:12*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[NEW YORK] The agency that mails out coupons for digital TV converter boxes
expects to eliminate its wait list in two and a half weeks, an official said
Thursday."

The story:http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/200903...er_box_coupons