Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default removing shower head

"Gloria" wrote

I need to remove the shower head on a delta monitor. I have never done
this before. Do I need to turn off the water supply? I'm assuming that
the

Just the part outside that controls it. May drip a little on you from the
trapped water but nothing more.

shower head just unscrews. Will I need to put some teflon tape over the
threads before I screw it back on? I can see that there is some on the

Proabably wont need new tape.

threads now. The problem is there is reduced pressure to the showerhead
for a while and then after a couple of months, the pressure is good for a
while then back down again. I'm assuming there is some debris in there
that moves around. Main thing I need to know is whether to turn the water
supply off first. The showerhead is 7 years old and worked great until
the last few months.

Juat be careful to hold the arm piece that goes into the wall well so you
dont accidently unscrew it any. If you do, you'll probably need help
getting that fixed and have a leak inside the wall until then.

Could be you just have a degrading washer in there so you'll be able to see
that, lift it out, and get a matching one at a local store.