Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default 5/16 carriage bolt 6 1/2 inches long

"sam" wrote in message ...
I need a stainless steel full thread 5/16 carriage bolt 6 1/2 inches long.
My local Lowes nor Home Depot have them. I tried several searches on Google
no no effect. Does anybody know where I might find them. Lowes has a zink
plated bolt 7 inches long but if I cut it down I'm afraid it will rust,
which is a definite no-no because I'm making products to sell.
Thanks,
paul

Where do you live? Most cities of any size have industrial fastener houses.
You can walk in the door and buy them. Big box stores are a lousy place to
buy fasteners. I haven't seen stainless steel carriage bolts in that
length. Perhaps a stainless steel specialty fastener company could help you.