Posted to alt.home.repair
Gloria Gloria is offline

Default removing shower head

"LouB" wrote in message
Gloria wrote:
I need to remove the shower head on a delta monitor. I have never done
this before. Do I need to turn off the water supply? I'm assuming that
the shower head just unscrews. Will I need to put some teflon tape over
the threads before I screw it back on? I can see that there is some on
the threads now. The problem is there is reduced pressure to the
showerhead for a while and then after a couple of months, the pressure is
good for a while then back down again. I'm assuming there is some debris
in there that moves around. Main thing I need to know is whether to turn
the water supply off first. The showerhead is 7 years old and worked
great until the last few months.

No.
Just turn off the shower at the faucet.
Yes to Teflon tape, but if you are putting same head back on try it
without new tape. New shower heads often come with some tape.

Lou

Thanks so much. I thought that'd be ok, but I didn't want to flood the house
or anything. I'll let you guys know how it comes out.

Gloria