Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Placement of Bath Exhaust Fan

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 05:03:17 -0800 (PST), Edge
wrote:

I want to replace the cheapo builder's exhaust fan with a higher cfm
model. The bathroom is 12 x 12 feet. The toilet is in the NW corner
and the shower is in the SE corner. The outer wall is the north side.
The current fan is over the toilet. My primary purpose is to exhaust
the humid air from the shower. Would it be alright to put the new fan
in the middle of the room.

Of course. I'd avoid putting it directly above the shower, though. My
question would be what are you going to do with the hole left behind?