Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Fallen TV - no picture, sound OK

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 07:29:20 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

In article ,
Franc Zabkar wrote:
I'd also drill a hole at the ends of each track, components and traces
permitting. This will relieve any stress and prevent cracks from
propagating.

Novel concept. While this may be good practice on a single material PCBs
are composites, and it's usually just the track that cracks. And by nature
tends to be across the entire track so can't spread anymore.

Sorry, I should have written, "drill a hole at the ends of each
crack", not track. My former boss always insisted on this.

- Franc Zabkar