Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R.Birch David R.Birch is offline

Default Shipping a mill

Tom Wait wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote in message
Tom Wait wrote:
I can't help with the shipping problem, although that seems like a
reasonable price. My neighbor just moved a 18" American Pacemaker lathe

his shop and it cost a grand to go 40 miles. However, if the sale on the
mill falls through I might be interested if the price is right. I live

in
Wisconsin and would probably go pick it up. Where in WI is it?
Tom

"David R.Birch" wrote in message
I want to ship an Enco Bridgeport clone from Wisconsin to northern
California. The best quote for shipping I've gotten so far is over
$800, which would probably kill the deal. Is this high or about what I
should expect?

This is the current version of the mill, mine has the X axis feed and
an older DRO.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=521&PMCTLG=00

David

Germantown, Wi 53022, NW of Milwaukee.

David

That's about 15 miles south of my shop. Please keep me informed. If you need
an inspection let me know I can go take a look and some pictures if you'd
like, it's on the way to Milwaukee for me.
Tom

I tried to send a private reply, but it got kicked back because you've
altered your email address. Please send me a private message with the
correct address.

David