Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default I need to drill a hole in a case harden socket set.

If it's only one, how about using a grindstone in a Dremel tool?
I wouldn't think the socket would be case hardened; it's not a wear
issue. I'd assume the material would be hard all the way through.
If the socket IS case hardened, then the case should only be 20 or 30
thou deep.

One other thought: Don't break the set up. Get a cheap set to do this
to, or do as I do:
Get just the socket you need at a flea market or at any Pawn Shop.

Pete Stanaitis

rodjava wrote:

I have a Craftsmans socket set and I need to drill a hole into one of
the sockets.

I take it that it's case harden as my drill bits don't even scratch
the surface.

Thank you all in advance.

Rod
San Francisco