Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28258 Ignoramus28258 is offline

Default I need to drill a hole in a case harden socket set.

On 2009-03-06, rodjava wrote:
I have a Craftsmans socket set and I need to drill a hole into one of
the sockets.

I take it that it's case harden as my drill bits don't even scratch
the surface.

I did drill holes in sockets (3/4" socket)

It does work, but you need good drills, a lot of lubrication, and
withdraw a lot to make sure you do not overheat the drill bit edge.

My attempts to drill a Proto socket extension, though, were not as
successful.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/