Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Recommended floor sealer (liquid DPM), or not?

Tim S wrote:
coughed up some electrons that declared:
Tim S wrote:
Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

They said they didn't have anything against using adhesive, but it
would be up to an adhesive manufacturer to advise on suitability. I'll
ring Mapei now and see what they say...

And the answer was: Keraquick. They said there were no guarantees as to
whether the hydrostatic pressure would destroy the bond in X decades, but
he reckoned that Kerquick was the most likely to succeed, being cementous
and having extra polymers.

Cheers

Tim

What does it cost compared to a can of bitumen roofing adhesive?

Nothing horrendous - it's not a latex mix, though it can be made into one by
buying a horrendously expensive admix.

I don't think felt adhesive would have enough gap filling abilities; Marmox
is very rigid and even my good floors have a couple of mm variation.

Cheers

Tim

Bitumen felt adhesive fills bigger gaps than that easily. But it
sounds like either would work ok - I cant help but think someone wants
your money though, just a gut feeling Bitumen also gives you a 2nd
dpm, fwliw.

NT