Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Speaking of crappy products lately...

On Mar 6, 11:07*am, "Bill" wrote:
Add one more thing to products which no longer last...

My 1996 car has plastic headlights and these "yellow" with age

They "yellow" due to exposure to ultraviolet light, and, if you'll
notice, you don't see these plastic lenses so often cracked, broken,
or with "BB holes" in them.

My '96 headlights look like brand new, because it has always been
garaged.

Now you need to get a "headlight restorer" product.

Only if you can't ID the 25 cents worth of material contained in your
first one. A sliver of 600 grit and a mouthful of buffing compound
will do the job nicely. The "sealer" is completely unnecessary.

A body shop might provide these for a 6 pack, or five bucks. If you
offered $10, you'd still be $10 ahead.

And, the lenses are better (and easily) buffed out by hand.
Carefully, if you don't want to scratch your paint. A little masking
tape will help with that.
-----

- gpsman