Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Speaking of crappy products lately...

On Mar 6, 11:07*am, "Bill" wrote:
Add one more thing to products which no longer last...

My 1996 car has plastic headlights and these "yellow" with age so you can
barely see at night! I thought I was going night blind...

Anyway in the past headlights were glass and you would just replace the
light when it went out. Now you need to get a "headlight restorer" product
which attaches to your drill and you "sand off" the yellowed surface of the
plastic, then buff the scratches out with finer and finer sandpaper. Then
the lens is clear again and you can see at night!

I'm spending all my time "fixing" things like this lately!

That's what you get for buying a Yugo