Posted to alt.home.repair
Aardvark Aardvark is offline

Default So tell me about laser markers/levels

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 07:48:27 -0600, DanG wrote:

It would sure be interesting to see YOU accomplish floor flatness
requirements or install a drop ceiling in a Wal-Mart or similar
competitively without a laser.

LOL I've been doing suspended ceilings for twenty years or so and the
first lasers we used (big things with a spinning beam) were super
expensive- sometimes costing thousands of pounds. Previously we used to
get by using water levels.

A water level can be infinitely more accurate than a badly zeroed laser.

Although nowadays I use a DeWalt DW087K I got brand new from the States a
year or so ago. The best $130 (equivalent GBP amount) I've ever spent (or
should I say 'invested), it's paid for itself many times over in that
time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic