Edwin Pawlowski

Default Delta or DeWalt 13" Planer

"Tommy" wrote in message
I've been set on the Delta 13" 2 speed (22-580) for quite some time now
since it has been really the only planer like itself on the market for the
hobbyist.
But now DeWalt has their DW735 13" 2 speed planer.

-Delta cut rates 60 and 90 CPI, Dewalt cut rates 96 and 179 CPI
-Delta fold down infeed and outfeed tables, Dewalt cast aluminum base

Since I'm newer to woodworking, and have never owned a planer before, are
any of these difference vital enough to go with one over the other?
If the Dewalt is better than the Delta is it worth the $80 dollars more on
the price tag?

I have the Delta and like it very much. If I was buying today, I'd sure
take a hard look at the DeWalt. I've not seen it in person yet or have seen
any wood pass through it, but I'd sure check it out. Seems to equal the
Delta, maybe better and less money.
Ed