Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default How to start with construction of my dream house?

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 06:02:07 -0600, dick
tomchinmethew[at]gmail[dot]com wrote Re How to start with
construction of my dream house?:

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find contractors? I
have been looking online and all I have seen are sites where you have to
describe the job then wait to get called from a contractor or if I find a
directory type of site there is a limited number of contractors in my area,
but I know there are many more. I am trying to build my first house and I
was planning on hiring all the contractors so I need a good resource to
find them. Something with reviews and article would also be very
beneficial, please let me know if anyone knows of a good place to look.

Check real estate sales people in your area. Ask them if they know of
any recently (last 3 years) built contractor houses in the area and
the addresses of the houses so you can drive by to see if you like
them. When you drive by stop and ask the owners how they like the
construction quality of the house. Don't tell the real estate person
that you are going to stop by, say you are just going to drive by.

You need to find at least 3 happy owners of different contractors.