Posted to alt.radio.digital,sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default radio aerial (antenna) won't stay in position

In message , Bob Mannix
writes
wrote in message
.. .

Cos he's wrong. 2 bits (5c) is a dime (10c)

Since when?

Since I got it wrong. Mea culpa (or my bad as we are US). 2 bits is indeed
an old colloquial expression for a quarter. I'll get my coat....

An infrequent visitor to the USA is often initially confused by the fact
that the 5c coin is LARGER than the 10c.

For me, the problem was solved by a hotel receptionist, while checking
in. She said "Remember that it takes two big ones to make a little one."
This piece of excellent advice has stood me in good stead on many
occasions since.
--
Ian