Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Recommended floor sealer (liquid DPM), or not?

coughed up some electrons that declared:

That's OK - had it on good authority that plain old cement based tile
adhesive (the grey sort you mix from powder) will be fine, damp.

I wish. Bitumen works. Cement can too.

Sorry, don't follow - are you saying I should bitumen the board down?

In the meantime, I phoned Marmox. They said the failsafe solution is to plug
and screw the board down then tape the joints and screws and this would be
guaranteed to give a DPM as well as an insulating layer.

They said they didn't have anything against using adhesive, but it would be
up to an adhesive manufacturer to advise on suitability. I'll ring Mapei
now and see what they say...

Cheers

Tim