Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default dot matrix printer

On Mar 5, 4:57*pm, "Bob Eager" wrote:
On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:11:15 UTC, "Man at B&Q"
wrote:

On Mar 5, 12:55*am, Appin wrote:
The message
from soup contains these words:

Appin wrote:
I wouldn't employ anyone who used Word, myself
Why? *Surely 90%+ of all businesses use Word (blinking Bill gets
everywhere), and while Open Office (for instance)can open DOC files I
don't think Word can open ODF files. So it would seem to make sense to
send any correspondence to companies as a DOC file.

It makes sesnse to send correspondence as a PDF file with embedded fonts.

Try to send a file in the native docx format of the current version of
Word and a great many (probably most) companies will be unable to read
it.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's rubbish. I have a .docx doc here
which opens just fine in Word 2003. It pops up a little dialog to warn
me some features may have been removed.

Yes, but...that's because (whether you know it or not) you have the
2003/2007 Compatibility Pack installed.

Oh.

MBQ