Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Recommended floor sealer (liquid DPM), or not?

Tim S wrote:
coughed up some electrons that declared:

Youre putting down a vapour barrier - why would you want two.

Belt and braces? I don't know - I was considering the joints, small as they
are.

Truth be told, having read up on laying engineered wood - I might just as
well put polythene DPM over the top under the wood - that costs practically
nothing and does no harm, on the offchance that any vapour does leak
through.

The one
issue I see is picking a glue for under the marmox that will be ok
permanently damp.

That's OK - had it on good authority that plain old cement based tile
adhesive (the grey sort you mix from powder) will be fine, damp.

Cheers

Tim

The marmox should prevent condensation, which may have been the original
problem