Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dot matrix printer

Jules wrote:
On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 21:03:35 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Not me prsonally, but I was developing HTML mails to be snt to
customers.'Your order has been dispatched' etc. And a little copmany
logo image in t corner.

The HTML was, I thought, if th simplest. In firefox it was perfct. OE
couldn't even manage to get th image displayed at all.

Hmm, I have any HTML display/reading capability turned off here. I'm
just interested in the information being sent, not lots of logos, colour
and flashy graphics...

Well, yes and no.

It wasnt flashy graphics, Just a delivery note.I could have created a
PDF, and sent that as an attachment, but I reasoned that a very simple
HTML would be as good an not require anything special from the other end.

Most mail clients *accept* HTML...you can control what you send, but not
what is displayed.