Charlie Self

Default Power tools in Europe (long)

James Reed notes:

A DeWalt 744 table saw costs
$1100 here in Norway (yes, I need a small saw for a small shop). You
can get a US versjon for $500. I can get it shipped here for $150.
OK, it will take 3 or 4 months to get it but I am still ahead $450.
As you point out, if I had the space and money I would go for
something else, but I have very little space and hope to not use all
my tool budget for the next few years

IIRC, the DW744 has a universal motor, so, like a router, it should work fine
on Europe's 110 (120) volt circuitry, if it is 50-55 cycles.

It will take a dado set, so watch your thought police.

Charlie Self

"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf."
Will Rogers