Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default And When the Ceiling Comes Tumbling Down

On Mar 6, 1:17*am, Ron wrote:
I got out of the shower and five minutes later, the ceiling in the
bathroom fell down in our 108 year old piece of crap house that we
moved into a few years back. The ceiling is--uh, was-- plaster and not
modern drywall. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can patch up
the holes in ancient plaster-- preferably so no more of it will
collapse? * :-)

Ron

Pull it all down and replace with drywall. About 25 years ago a freind
had a similar problem. She didnt want the demolition mess so she
spackled the holes and covered the ceiling with drywall. She did all
the work herself except for the drywall finish work.

Jimmie