Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Fallen TV - no picture, sound OK

On 16 feb, 13:49, Tony Ramone wrote:

So I fixed the crack, then ran some solder and a thin wire along the
broken track. I checked it with my multimeter to make sure I had a
good connection between either end.
The thing is, it's still not working,

I have worked on dropped tvs many times. as others here have said,
chances are you have more cracks. i've been caught out like that
before.

Also, I have had the pcb flex on landing and some transistors and
regulators worked loose from their solder pads. That was on a Hitachi
28" widescreen set. look for heavier components , transformers,
heatsinked stuff. BTW I think the brown component you mention may be a
red herring. I'd look elsewhere first and come back to that later.

check the pcb on the tube also, in case.

keep at it
-b