Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default computer controlled language laboratory help

On 5 mar, 20:59, Franc Zabkar wrote:

If you don't have an EPROM programmer to read the EPROMs, then you may
be able to install them in an old network card, in the boot PROM
socket, and use Uniflash to read them.

thanks Franc.
Yes, that design is dire. Using identical connectors which can produce
such disastrous results if misconnected is ridiculous. they were the
only two same ones in the whole pcb! Why on earth do designers do
these things?
I had the pcb on its back at the time and just didn't notice the
socket was mismatched. To make matters worse, none of the darn things
are labelled on the pcb in any way.

Anyway, I don't have an eeprom reader so will check out the link you
suggest. never attempted anything like this before, but as it stands
I've little to lose. I contacted the manufacturers, but they wanted a
1000€ handling charge to deal with the problem, plus minimum a few
hundred for replacement parts (estimated). Much as I like the gear, to
invest that amount in a twenty year old system seems like a ludicrous
proposition to me.

-B