Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dot matrix printer

In article ,
Appin wrote:
Until last week it was a very long time since I came across anyone who
had problems in that connection. Last week, granted, I had sent a file
which had been reduced from 10-MB to 5 MB for ease of emailing and the
recipient had problems because she had had only version 4 of Acrobat.
But then she didn't have broadband either :-). Nothing like the
problems of using Word, IME.

Makes me wonder what is so different about a document made today over one
made 15 years ago on a then competent DTP package? It's only likely to be
text and graphics so why should one be forced to upgrade just to read it?
Different matter with AV etc files I suppose.

--
*I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.