Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Recommended floor sealer (liquid DPM), or not?

coughed up some electrons that declared:

Youre putting down a vapour barrier - why would you want two.

Belt and braces? I don't know - I was considering the joints, small as they
are.

Truth be told, having read up on laying engineered wood - I might just as
well put polythene DPM over the top under the wood - that costs practically
nothing and does no harm, on the offchance that any vapour does leak
through.

The one
issue I see is picking a glue for under the marmox that will be ok
permanently damp.

That's OK - had it on good authority that plain old cement based tile
adhesive (the grey sort you mix from powder) will be fine, damp.

Cheers

Tim