James Reed

Default Power tools in Europe (long)

(Christian Aufreiter) wrote in message . com...
(James Reed) wrote

Do you have any experience using US tools and a transformer in europe?
With the transformer you can get the 220V but you only get 50 Hz, not
the 60 as in the US. I could imagine buying a US table saw, prewired
to 220V without the need for a transformer, but I am unsure how it
will work at 50 Hz.

No experiences here. May I ask why you want a US table saw? Are you
going to import one yourself?
If I had space and money for large machinery I'd always go with 400 V
in Europe.

Regards,

Christian

It is very difficult to find a good table saw in europe for anything
near the same cost as you can in the US. A DeWalt 744 table saw costs
$1100 here in Norway (yes, I need a small saw for a small shop). You
can get a US versjon for $500. I can get it shipped here for $150.
OK, it will take 3 or 4 months to get it but I am still ahead $450.
As you point out, if I had the space and money I would go for
something else, but I have very little space and hope to not use all
my tool budget for the next few years

James