Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dot matrix printer

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
PDF still depends on the viewer version to display the file
correctly.

Only if you use its more abstruse features.
Sod's law say they will.

Only if they start from Word ;-)

I often coming across simple documents that don't work correctly on the
PDF reader I use under RISC OS. Usually things like spec sheets from RS.

I discovered last week that OE7 dos not use th IE rendering engine for
HTML formatted emails. It is th Word rendering engine. It cannot cope
with any sort of HTML beyond the most basic.

I can't see any reason to even try it as Firefox works so well here.

Not me prsonally, but I was developing HTML mails to be snt to
customers.'Your order has been dispatched' etc. And a little copmany
logo image in t corner.

The HTML was, I thought, if th simplest. In firefox it was perfct. OE
couldn't even manage to get th image displayed at all.

It apparently doesn't even begin to understand div style="position:
absolute;.......