Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default computer controlled language laboratory help

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 06:43:56 +1100, Franc Zabkar
put finger to keyboard and composed:

The first parts I would check would be the EPROMs (2764, 27128). I
presume the contents would include recognisable text strings, so if
some text is garbled, then you can be almost certain that the PROMs
are bad. For example, I would expect that a fault in address bit A0
would cause a text string such as "COPYRIGHT" to appear as "CCPPRRGGT"
or "OOYYIIHH".

If you don't have an EPROM programmer to read the EPROMs, then you may
be able to install them in an old network card, in the boot PROM
socket, and use Uniflash to read them.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...wen/ufhome.htm

- Franc Zabkar