Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default O.T. : What Have We Done ... ?

Not 'entertainment'. News and so on. Informational programs should not be
hosted by people who obviously lack the ability to speak grammatically
correct english in a clear voice.If their information on grammar is
patently incorrect, what does that say for their information on anything
else?

There are lots of regional accents on TV, that is good thing, but many do
not pronounce the words properly. There is the Geordie financial man on the
TV news who can't pronounce "to"'s. That is a no, no. Northern Irish say
"noi", not "now. Stephen Norris, top knob in the snotty Tory party, is a
Liverpudlian with a Liverpool accent however all is pronounced correctly, so
comes across very well. The accent is usually fine, except grating Northern
Irish, which is difficult to understand for many - especially foreigners -
as the best of times. I recall an American I know, only half understanding
a Northern Irish presenter on TV, who spoke the words reasonably well.

This snotty uni man is clearly on about "accent", which to his small mind
the only proper way to speak English is with a southern England snotty uni
accent. When this bunch say Hawwwwlt instead of halt - and say they speak
the correct way. Cheeky *******s.

Is estuary English Cockney?