Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. : What Have We Done ... ?

Arfa Daily wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
Arfa Daily wrote:
"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 23:24:52 +0000, Dave
wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Garage around here with 'Keep Cleer' painted on the doors.
That reminds me of my early apprenticeship days.

I was designated to learn/work in an offshoot of the tool room in a
press shop. They had a cupboard there and on the front were the words

Kee
Pout

There's a local print firm near here with an enormous sign on the side
of their building advertising, inter alia, "Vehical Signs".

--
Frank Erskine
My god ! It's even worse than I suspected ... Lots of funny stories

Such is the way language evolves - there will come a time where their way
is "correct" and the right way is archaic.

--
Cheers,

John.

Happening already, methinks ... Both my girls used to come home from their
secondary school telling tales of other girls in the year being or acting
"facety". It took me a long time to get to the bottom of this one. Turned
out it was a complete mis-pronunciation of the word 'feisty', that had just
passed that way into their vocabulary. I rather suspect that it was actually
one of the teachers that helped it on its way there, too ...

Scottish probably.
Arfa