Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Hydraulic Cart II. CAUTION: Metal machining, welding content

wrote:
On Mar 4, 1:24 pm, Winston wrote:
One of my least favorite chores is pulling rotten
fence footings out of the ground.

(...)

Gee, if you move the cursor back to the left, the thing goes down
pretty fast, too.

Neat trick! I could have saved a lot of time by doing that!

How do you really get it down with some ability to
stop where you want it?

The valve is controllable. I can lower the table at just about any
rate to any position I like by setting the valve appropriately.
I have a throttle cable from a lawn mower coupled to the valve for
remote control, so I don't have to squat down to the jack to
operate it.

--Winston

--

Chance flavors the prepared mime. _The New Urban Cookbook_ January, 2010