Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shipping a mill

Remember it is over the mountains. And it might have special
issues on it - e.g. low humidity (no rust) added insurance
for spoilage (rust/breakage) and fuel costs.

I shipped two surface grinders several years ago about the same
distance and it was even more. Has mat. The units were tilted
so badly in shipping and jostled the hydrologic pump pool spilled.
One shipped by train another by truck from the same pickup.

Train got here first.

Martin

David R.Birch wrote:
I want to ship an Enco Bridgeport clone from Wisconsin to northern
California. The best quote for shipping I've gotten so far is over $800,
which would probably kill the deal. Is this high or about what I should
expect?

This is the current version of the mill, mine has the X axis feed and an
older DRO.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=521&PMCTLG=00

David