Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Shipping a mill

Ignoramus16649 wrote:

On 2009-03-05, Pete C. wrote:

"David R.Birch" wrote:

I want to ship an Enco Bridgeport clone from Wisconsin to northern
California. The best quote for shipping I've gotten so far is over
$800, which would probably kill the deal. Is this high or about what I
should expect?

This is the current version of the mill, mine has the X axis feed and
an older DRO.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=521&PMCTLG=00

David

Is that quote with rigging / lift gate on each end, or terminal to
terminal? Your best price would be palletized terminal to terminal so
all they have to do is forklift it from your truck to theirs and back.

Putting a Bridgeport into a truck is not easy...

Actually, it is. I've moved my Bridgeport several times.