Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Dobony Michael Dobony is offline

Default Underlayment Ring Shank Nails

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:09:50 -0800, Roger Shoaf wrote:

They make ring shank nails that will work in a nail gun. What I would do is
first source the nails you want to use and then if a good nailer is not in
your budget, then consider renting one.

In my experience HF is a good place to buy some stuff but I think if I was
going to buy a nail gun, I would first seek out a used name brand that you
will nave no problems getting parts for and is likely to have a smooth
consistent operation.

After doing my last roof with a nail gun, I would definitely consider one
for a project of this type.

Goggle ring shank nails and stick with a name brand. getting some cheap
Chinese off brand will probably not be worth the grief for the few bucks you
save.

Look for a nail gun with adjustable depth. My original framing nail gun
adjusted the depth by air pressure. Not great. My roofing gun has
adjustable depth. MUCH better!