Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Rattle can avenger strikes again!

"Wes" wrote in message
Gerald Miller wrote:

Chap I worked with painted his car (sitting in the sun) with rattle
cans one HOT Saturday afternoon. Perfectly beautiful orange peel
effect.

I painted my first car with spray bombs. Looked beautiful, had to hit it
every couple
weeks with rubbing compound to deal with the oxidized look that developed.
Oh well, 16,
young and dumb.

Wes

Buddy got a couple of cans of Copper color to spray behind the grill of his
50 Ford Coupe. Was mismarked color as was silver. One of us, not me,
standing around the car sprayed the roof. Looked good. We went and got
some more cans and sprayed the whole car crome silver. CHP told owner to
keep it off the road until it dimmed down. Sunny day and was blinding all
the other drivers. Was like a mirror for about 2 weeks. Back about 1961.